Pages


Friday, July 13, 2012

Well it seems as though I abondoned my blog.  It's been ages since we've last visited, dear blog, and I've got to admit I didn't start missing you until just now.   I was doing some research for work on blogs and I decided I would really like to start blogging again.  Hmm, but how to pick up a blog that has had no love and no structure for so long?

Let's jump right back in.  I love my family.  I was pregnant the last time I logged in here.  Now I am 30 pounds lighter and 12 pounds of baby more fortunate.  My little love, Clara, was born on May 8, 2012 via c-section.  She was 8 pounds, 0.5 ounce, 20 inches.  Anna was just 1.5 ounces heavier, so my girls both started off at a pretty decent but not alarmingly large weight.  Clara emerged screaming, but quickly calmed. 

I loved my time with her in the hospital.  We had time, just her and I, to bond and cuddle.  Once home, all hell broke loose, as Anna somehow came down with diarhhea and was under the weather.  I had what felt like hundreds of diapers to change and my recovery from the c-section was keeping me sore and helpless.  Eric had to get Anna in and out of her crib, and I ended up sleeping with Clara on my chest most of the night, for several nights, as I was too sore to get in and out of bed everytime she woke. 

Breastfeeding was pretty easy with Clara.  I had the typical nipple soreness, but I never felt too engorged.  I actually worried a bit that I wasn't going to get my milk, but then I could hear her swallowing and see her spit up and I knew everything was ok.  She gained 2 pounds in 2 weeks and was quickly settling into a regular eat and sleep routine.  I'll post lots more about Clara and how she's growing, as well as Anna's adjustment to being a big sister.  But for now, here are some heartwarming newborn pics.


























No comments:

Post a Comment